At Trident Funding LLC, we appreciate your use of and contributions to our websites, our mobile and desktop applications, our other properties and/or our related services (collectively known as the “Services,” or, each individually, a “Service”). Trident Funding LLC and/or our parent and/or applicable subsidiaries and/or affiliates (collectively, Funding LLC”, “us”, “our” or “we”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website www.tridentfunding.com (our “Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect by:
• On this Website
• In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
• Through mobile and desktop applications you download from this Website, which provides dedicated non-browser- based interaction between you and this Website.
• When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
• Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Trident Funding LLC or any third party including our affiliates and subsidiaries; or
• Any third party including our affiliates and subsidiaries, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website
We may add to, delete from, or otherwise amend and update this Online Privacy Notice from time to time without prior notice. The date of last update is provided at the end of this Online Privacy Notice. Use of our Services, Sites and Apps after an update indicates acceptance of the most current version
1.) Information Collected by Trident Funding LLC.
We collect a variety of information from and about you, your devices, and your interaction with the Services. The type of information we collect depends on how you use our Services, Website, and apps. Some of this information identifies you directly or can be used to identify you when combined with other data. We do not collect, capture, or retain Personal Information when you are just browsing our Sites or our Apps. We only collect anonymous information we call “Site Visit Information” when you visit our Sites or use our Apps.
We collect this information by:
• Information you provide. When using the Services, you may be asked to provide personal information about yourself, such as your name, contact information, payment information, details about, financial information. This may occur, for example, when you register on the Services, or complete other forms or transactions, such as a request for loan information or an application for credit, or when you report a problem with our Website You may also provide information about a third party through the Services, for example, if you share a Dealer, Broker or Seller’ information with a recipient via email. We may combine this information with other information we collect from your interaction with the Services or from other companies.
• Online Credit and Loan Applicants. If you choose to apply for credit or a loan online, we collect Personal Information including your name, address, telephone number, Social Security Number, date of birth, income, debts, email address, account history information, employment history and other credit qualification information. We keep this collected information from both completed and partially completed applications.
• Financial Tools. Our Sites offer tools for consumers to calculate loan and payment information. This information may also help consumers obtain loan rate quotations. Visitors who use these tools may be required to provide name, postal and email addresses, telephone number, vehicle information, seller or dealer information, and type of loan
• Voluntary Information for Services and Features. We collect personally identifiable information when you choose to use certain features of the Site, including, but not limited to: i) completing, submitting, receiving and signing Forms, ii) consenting to receive email, iii) when you send us a message. When you choose to use these features, we require you to provide your “Contact Information” in addition to other personal information that may be required to complete a transaction such as your phone number, billing and shipping addresses and credit card information. We will also collect all data that may be completed on the Forms. Occasionally, we may also request information such as usage preferences and demographics, which will help us better serve you and our other users in the future.
• Some information you provide through the Services is collected and processed by third parties on our behalf. For example, when you order products or services through the Services, we may need to collect your credit or debit card information or when you submit information to be considered for a loan. This information is collected and processed by third-party payment processors.
• If an application for credit has been submitted, a credit report is required to use a Service, you may be asked to provide your Social Security number (“SSN”) or local equivalent. When SSNs are required, we use technology to pass that information directly to the third-party providers who need the information to process the credit or background check report.
Information we collect through automatic data collection technologies:
• The pages on the Services may also include web beacons or pixels, which are electronic files. This is to: count users who have visited that page; track activity over time and across different websites; determine users’ interactions with emails we send; identify certain cookies on the computer or other electronic device accessing that page; or to collect other related information. This information may be associated with your unique browser, device identifier, or Internet Protocol address. We may, for example, implement a pixel on the pages of the Services where you view a certain advertisement so that we can track whether you visit a website associated with that advertisement at a later time.
• Mobile device and mobile browser information. You may adjust settings on your mobile device and mobile browser regarding cookies and sharing of certain information, such as your mobile device model or the language your mobile device uses, by adjusting the privacy and security settings on your mobile device. Please refer to the instructions provided by your mobile service provider or mobile device manufacturer.
• Location Data. If you enable location services on your mobile device, Trident Funding LLC may collect the location of your device, which we use to provide you with location-based information and advertising. If you wish to deactivate this feature, you can disable location services on your mobile device.
• Usage logs. We collect information about your use of our Services, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our Services. We also collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, such as the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, mobile network information, and browsing behavior.
• Calls and text messages. Calls between you and Trident Funding LLC, or between you and third parties made through Trident Funding LLC (such as dealers or brokers you contact about a listing through a form or link on our website, or using contact information found on our website), may be recorded or monitored for quality assurance and customer service purposes. You will be notified at the beginning of a call if it may be recorded or monitored. Trident Funding LLC uses a third-party service provider to track phone calls and text messages between you and industry professionals so that we and the industry professional can access certain details about the contact. As part of this process, Trident Funding LLC and its service provider will receive in real-time and store data about your call or text message, including the date and time of the call or text message, your phone number, and the content of the text message.
• Public content. You may provide information publicly through the Services, such as when you leave a review, professional, service or when you contribute to discussion forums.
Children’s Online Privacy. Trident Funding LLC Services, Sites and our Apps are not intended for children under the age of 13 and we will not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from any person under the age of 13. Please do not access or use our Services, Sites, or our Apps if you are under 13 years of age. By using our Sites or using our Apps, you affirm that you are over the age of 16. For more information about the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), visit the FTC website: www.ftc.gov.
California residents under 16 years of age may have additional rights regarding the collection and sale of their personal information.
2.) How Trident Funding LLC Uses Your Information
Trident Funding LLC generally uses the information collected about you to provide and improve the Services, including to:
• To present our Website and its content to you.
• To provide you with information, products, or Services, that you requested from us.
• To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
• To provide you notices about your account, including renewal, and expirations notices.
• To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including billing and collection.
• To send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages.
• To respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service.
• To communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards and events offered by Trident Funding LLC and others and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you.
• To monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services.
• To revise, modify, and update existing Services and develop new Services.
• To detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of Trident Funding LLC and others.
• To personalize the Services and present you with advertising, content or features that we believe will be of interest or useful to you.
• To facilitate contests, sweepstakes and promotions and process and deliver entries and rewards.
• To link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
• To carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
3.) Email Management. You may receive email from Trident Funding LLC for a variety of reasons – for example, if you took an action by entering your email on a Trident Funding LLC web portal within a form specifically stating the intent and effect of the action, you signed up for a regular report, or you posted your inventory for sale and a buyer sent you a message. You can manage your receipt of some types of communication by following the instructions upon account creation. Please note that, even if you unsubscribe from certain email correspondences, we may still need to email you with important transactional or administrative information.
4.) When Trident Funding LLC Shares and Discloses Your Information
Your privacy is important, and we are committed to protecting your information that identifies you personally. We will only share personal information that you provide outside the public areas of the Services in the following circumstances:
• With your consent. When you consent or direct Trident Funding LLC to share the personal information. This happens when you submit your information through many of our Services. For example, if you choose to contact an industry professional through the Services, your name, phone number, email address, and message content will appear to the recipient of the message. Similarly, if you fulfill the Trident Funding LLC administrative process, that specific information will be shared with the contracted parties.
• Business transfers. If and when Trident Funding LLC is involved in a merger, acquisition, or any form of transfer or sale of some or all of its business, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, we may share your personal information in connection with that transaction.
• To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
• If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Trident Funding LLC, our customers, or others.
• For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
Trident Funding LLC may also share aggregated or de-identified information that cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
5.) Opting Out of Collection of Information by Third Parties
6.) Third-Party Links and Websites
7.) Security and Retention of Information
Trident Funding LLC takes reasonable steps to protect the information users share with us from unauthorized use, access, and disclosure, both during transmission and at rest. However, no transmission of information via the Internet nor electronic storage solution can be entirely secure, so please be aware that we cannot guarantee absolute security.
8.) Accessing and Correcting your Information
You can access, update, and delete personal information you provide to Trident Funding LLC through contact with an account management representative of Trident Funding LLC by sending an email to www.PrivacyPolicy@tridentFunding.com
Trident Funding LLC will retain and use information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
California residents may have additional personal information rights and choices
9.) Transfer of Information to the United States
Trident Funding LLC is based in the United States, and you acknowledge that the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using the Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing, transfer, and storage of information in and to the United States, where you may not have the same rights and protections as you do under local law.
10.) Transfer of information to and from United Kingdom
11.) Government and Private Party Information Requests
Trident Funding LLC may occasionally receive various forms of legal process from government agencies and private parties requesting information about Trident Funding LLC users. Before we produce information, we will attempt to notify affected users and give them an opportunity to object unless notification is prohibited by law or if we believe that notification would create a risk of harm or be otherwise counterproductive.
12.) Disclaimer to Security
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
13.) Additional Rights for European Citizens:
Under the GDPR (or equivalent local legislation), you have certain rights with respect to their Personal Data, including:
right to request access – you may obtain confirmation from us as to whether your data is being processed and, where that is the case, access to your data, right to rectification – you have the right to obtain rectification of inaccurate personal data we hold concerning you; right to erasure – you have the right to obtain the erasure of your data without undue delay in certain circumstances right to restriction of processing or to object to processing – you may require us to restrict the processing we carry out on Your Data in certain circumstances or to object to us processing your data;
right to data portability – you have the right to receive your data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format; right to withdraw consent – where you have provided your consent to us processing your data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time; right to lodge a complaint – you may lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority in the EU Member State where you are resident or where you work. For further information on your rights, please see the supervisory authority of your country or EU Member State.
14.) Additional rights for UK Citizens:
Under the Data Protection Law 2018, you have similar rights to those listed under the GDPR. You may lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
15.) Additional Rights for California Citizens:
If you are a California resident under the age of 18 and are a registered user of any site where this policy is posted, California Business and Professions Code Section 22581 permits you to remove content you have posted publicly. In order to do so, you must send an email with a detailed description of the specific content or information to. Please be aware this request does not guarantee that all the content or information you have posted will be removed and that there may be circumstances in which the law does not require or allow removal even if requested. California Consumer Privacy Act, visit: www.TridentFunding.com/ccpa